Hope you all are doing lovely and feeling great!
So...I have been wanting an infinity scarf for some time now. I saw my friend with one and I knew I had to get one!! I had a leopard print scarf that I thrifted for $0.26 from the "Housing Works Buy The Bag Sale" laying around my house and decided to just turn it into an infinity scarf. Why spend money when you can make your own? Just use any old scarf you have laying around your house. Its super easy to do!
What you're going to need:
- Sewing Machine
- Needle (if you don't have a sewing machine)
- Thread (choose a color of your liking)
- Straight Pins
1. Fold the scarf in half, matching the ends together.
2. Using straight pins...
Pin the scarf together about 1/2 inch from the edge.
4. If you have a sewing machine, sew a straight line about 1/2 inch from the edge of the scarf. Make sure your stitch is set on the smallest stitch. Also make sure you backtrack (reverse stitch) for two stitches after the sewing machine has done about 4 stitches. Also backtrack after you have done your final stitch; this ensures that the stitch will not loosen. You can use needle and thread for this step if you do not have a sewing machine, make sure you reverse stitch as well.
5. This is how the stitch should looks when final. Because I used one of the smallest stitch settings on my sewing machine, you can barely see the stitch
6. Turn the scarf inside out...
And rock it with pride!!
I only wish this scarf was a little bit longer. Next time I do this DIY, I will use a longer scarf. I also had an idea of combining two different color scarves together to form a colorblocked infinity scarf!
Hope you enjoyed this post!
P.S. Let me know if you do this DIY. I would love to see your infinity scarves!